Skip to main content

Energy Is Confusing

Blog Post #3



Reflect on our model of energy so far.

Our model of energy can be shown through a state diagram. This is confusing to understand at first, but it describes how energy is transferred and what is affecting the energy.

Some of the things we thought we knew have been called in to question the last few classes. Is it really true?

For me, I'd have to explain why I believe certain types of energy are being transferred into other energy sources, or if I have to explain why it is leaving my state diagram. Usually, I am correct in my predictions, but sometimes people can reason why they are correct, and I agree with them.

What evidence exists to help us understand what is going on?

Simple observations can be made, but sometimes we have to make predictions. For example, we can know that kinetic energy is being transferred into sound energy because we can hear the gears grinding together in the wind-up toy.

Have any of the activities given you evidence to support or reject your thoughts on energy?

Yes, a few days ago (10/2/2019), I thought gravitational force and gravitational energy are the same things, I was convinced that it wasn't because when something raises in elevation, it gains more gravitational energy, while gravitational force is the amount of gravity applied to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats In the Pipe?

         Model Of the Pipe We made 3 models shown above We only had 1 model that worked like the tube, and we only discussed the failed tubes, but we will never know what is actually inside the tube. We can always have as much evidence that proves something is inside the tube, but we'll never be able to actually see it. It doesn't matter how the tube is specifically made if our models work very similar to the tube. The analogy that the tube is alot like the universe is very true because we'll never be able to know for sure how the universe was made because no one was there, and there is very little evidence.  I expect from this class that I will get a better understanding of science, and how the world works around us. I plan to accomplish an A average grade, but also understand the topic and not just, "Remember the things written down on the whiteboard"
The position of something is the distance of something away from a reference point, speed is how something is going. This can be used to also help a friend.